About the CHIMSS Scholarship Program for Spring 2022
The HIMSS Colorado Chapter is committed to supporting the academic development of health information technology professionals in Colorado. We offer scholarship awards to professionals looking to impact their community by furthering their education in health information technology or public health fields.
- Veteran Impact Scholarship (one available): HIMSS Colorado Scholarship awarded to students pursuing a master’s or bachelor's degree in the field of health information technology, health informatics, biomedical informatics, public health, or related fields.
Award: up to $2,000
- Community Impact Scholarships (two available): HIMSS Colorado Scholarship awarded to qualified students pursuing a master’s or bachelor's degree or a certificate in the field of health information technology, health informatics, biomedical informatics, public health, or related fields. (i.e., community college, junior college, university).
Award: up to $1,500
These scholarships are associated with pre and post criteria.
- Pre-application submission criteria:
- Full-time student in an aforementioned program
- Physically reside in the HIMSS Colorado region
- Minimum GPA of 3.50
- Current HIMSS Colorado Student Member
- One faculty nomination
- One letter of support related to community/veteran impact
Post-award submission requirements*:
- Volunteer on a HIMSS Colorado committee for the duration of 1 year
- Report back and debrief about their community/veteran impact at a HIMSS Colorado sponsored meeting or event
*If recipients do not complete post-award requirements, students from their institution will not be eligible for HIMSS Colorado scholarships the following year.